My Blog List

Friday, June 26, 2015

Painting Reverse Roses on Glass









I have dabbled for a few years now painting roses.  No expert, no formal training.. I just enjoy painting the roses.   My friend seen some of my work on a glass ceramic tureen and a table I had painted on.  She asked me would I paint roses on her glass plates for her upcoming Wedding Vow Ceremony in Jan.  I must say I was honored that she would ask me and yet intimidated. I had never painted on clear glass before nor have I reverse painted.  So I Googled painting on glass plates.  Mostly I seen less than wonderful work.  Mostly snowmen, and Christmas items.   A lot of painting on wine glasses.  I was a bit worried.  After practicing on some plates I bought at the thrift store.  I said yes, I will do it.   Although, I still wasn't certain about the job.  Since then I have managed to squeeze out 32 10" plates.. With about 28 to go..   This job couldn't have come at a better time.  As of recently June 10th I lost my brother (James E. Staley) to  heart disease.  It was devastating as all family loss is.  I needed this project to make it through.   I paint these roses from my heart to help me heal from my loss.. 
Hugs, Cindy
Party with me at :  http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com
                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2015/06/share-your-cup-thursday-154.html

2 comments:

  1. Cindy, first of all; so sorry about your brother! I'm so glad that you were able to have this as a diversion. I use to teach tole painting and painted quite a few roses in my day. I rarely paint them now, but you did a beautiful job! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete