My Blog List

Monday, August 11, 2014

Antique Table Shabby to Shabby Chic

After many months of pondering what to do with this warped table.  The veneer was peeling off and this is basically what this poor table looked like when I got it.   My five dollar bargain.  I really wanted to paint roses on it then stain it with a nice dark stain.  However, I have never done that before and the table was in such distress.  It only seemed appropriate to try to get the warp out of it and then paint it.
After wetting the table and then placing two by sixes on it with clamps to try to get better shape into the top.  It did take some of the warp out but not all of it. 
 I painted it white and then begin to paint a round oval design with some roses staggered on the design.   After getting closer to the end of the design.  I did not like the rounded design that was previous painted.  So out came the white paint to cover that and  began free handing the roses and leaves.  I still need to seal it with polyurethane or a wax made for wood.  
 This is the transformation of my five dollar bargain.  What a transformation from what I started with.
I now need to find a place to put it.  That is the biggest chore of all!! Finding space to put it!
I hope you enjoy....
Hugs,
Cindy

Party Links:
 http://www.kathewithane.com/2014/08/youre-gonna-love-it-tuesday.html
 http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/
 http://itssoverycheri.com/2014/08/10/party-time-8-10-2014/
 http://mysalvagedtreasures.blogspot.com/2014/08/vintage-inspiration-link-party-150.html

5 comments:

  1. It's a beauty, great job! At least since it is a flip table it won't take up toooo much room!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation! You did an amazing job painting the roses and leaves, I think it's just what this table needed. Thank you so much for sharing at the Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks amazing! What a great find that you've transformed into a beautiful treasure.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm always happy for new readers and to know about new blogs to read myself. Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Cindy ... I am sure you will find just the perfect place for it.
    Thanks for visiting me @ Timeless Treasures. Glad you like our stained glass windows.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete