My Blog List

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Crafted Ornate Chalkboard Frame and Updated Clock!

I have been wanting to bring into the kitchen a chalkboard or memo board of some kind for writing grocery list's.
 I am always looking for paper to write my list on before heading out.   I have seen some cute idea's for chalk boards and some of the cutest I have found have been in fabulous frames.
  I did not have a shabby chic fabulous frame but I did have a frame.   I bought some wood decal accessories some time ago. I haven't had an opportunity to use them until this project.

The items you will need for making this project:  E-6000 Glue, A Frame,  Wood embellishment decals, white all purpose caulk, wall board, painters tape, white acrylic paint, chalkboard paint.


Glue your Wooden decal to your frame using the E-6000 Tape into position to hold and then place heavy items I used some books to hold in place.
This my fancy taping of the wood decals to make sure they hold after placing heavy books on them I waited till the next day to remove the tape.
I then painted the wood accessories and gave the frame a coat of white to match.  After the paint was dry I used the white caulk to seal any of the raised area's to make it look like one piece.  I then applied a second coat of white paint to the caulk, frame and accessories.  I then cut the wall board to fit the opening and began painting with the chalkboard paint.  I used Americana Chalk board paint. 

I coated the board once horizontal let dry and then coated vertical to assure good coverage.( I did this a couple of times) I then let it dry well before curing with the chalk. ( which means I slathered chalk up and down the chalk board all over) I then wiped it off.
Here is what it looks like on my wall ready for my grocery list...

 But, something wasn't right!  I had a gold clock on this wall.  It did not look right with the white wall decorations.  So down the clock came ready for a new look.
Before

After
Thanks for stopping by I hope your having a great summer.  I hope to see you around at the parties I attend... See below..
Hugs,
Cindy


I am linking and partying at:
http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/2014/08/sizzle-into-summer-its-party-182.html
somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/2014/08/whatever-goes-wednesday-236.html?
http://www.clairejustineoxox.com/2014/08/wordless-wednesday-blog-hop.html
 http://www.lifewithgarnish.com/teach-tuesday-linky-party-17/
 http://www.kathewithane.com/2014/08/youre-gonna-love-it-tuesday_18.html
 http://acreativeprincess.blogspot.com/2014/08/its-party-172.html
 http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/2014/08/lighten-up-your-kitchen-and-simple.html

6 comments:

  1. I love the look of the chalkboard frame! I pinned it so my kids and I can make their grandmother one for Christmas! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog, lifewithgarnish.com.
    As an FYI I also co-host Teach Me Tuesday and would love for you to come over and link up your awesome projects if you have the time:) Looking forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I found your blog............I craft too........your blog is going to be a wonderful addition to my reading list. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cindy! Just letting you know that this is my feature at this weeks Teach Me Tuesday Linky Party! Come on over and check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that Adrian featured you. Wanted to stop by and let you know I see why...how cute! Love the chalkboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. H Cindy I love your blog ! You have a new follower from Chile
    Hugs
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angelica for stopping by and your kind comments for joining my blog.

      Delete