My Blog List

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Update to an Entrance

Some new items I found while out at yard sales.  It is the best finding just what you need at second hand stores and yard sales. 
 These two heavy ceramic pots yellow even tho I liked the yellow.  Valspar White outside paint made them look great.  
Before


 
After


  A new light for the front porch we  needed.  We knew the light fixture was in bad need of replacement so when I ran across this at my favorite thrift store  Habitat for Humanity  for only 4.99 done deal.  It matched my other outside lights perfect.  So Mr. M replaced it for me. Opps the front door hit it when we opened the door.   So instead of moving the whole electrical unit cutting a new hole we just simply added a hook as you would a light with a chain and wa la... it clears the door.
New Light



 I also ran across a sweet Vintage wrought iron table and chairs.  Even tho I do not have a porch I just had to have it. 
 I repainted the wrought iron with a durable Rustoleum White that protects against rust and then put a car wax on them to protect them from the rain along with some Armor All on the plastic seats.  Well  I am pleased it is a beginning  to improvements to the yard.

 I hope you enjoy!
Cindy
I am joining the party at: 
Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday # 212
A Creative Princess Party #158
Jann Olson Share your cup Thrusday Party

12 comments:

  1. Your updated entranced turned out lovely.
    I can see why you got the table and chairs they are great to.
    Have a lovely week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, You found some GREAT items for bargain price! I LOVE the vintage wrought iron, glass table and chairs!! I am very fond of garden wrought iron....period! Your urn pots are very nice too.....looks like you are enjoying decorating your outside.....It is very lovely! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, your vintage table and chairs are absolutely charming, and way to take such good care of them so they will stay nice!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some wonderful deals! I love the table set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great that you found things you needed....I usually find things I don't and buy them anyway! Love the wrought iron set, those chairs are so gorgeous!!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat decorating ideas! And I like that you are frugal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, it is so beautiful! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, my mom had pots just like that growing up. They were white also. I would have nabbed them for sure. The patio set is such a great find. Love what you did to it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. The light looks really well and your new patio set is perfect. Both are such great finds.
    Thanks for the visit and your gracious comments. Yes, downsizing is really a trial. You just have to consider every square inch because inches matter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful job you have done! I love cleaning things up and getting ready for the big outdoor season. I'm so glad it's here! I have a couple of those beautiful garden pots too. I love mine! S nice that you stopped by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete