My Blog List

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Is it Coming up Roses?

This year has been a bit different. I feel like I am still trying to get it all together.   My house is coming along after the move from one state to another.   My yard is getting there but, I haven't managed to get any roses planted in the yard.   I am looking forward to the planting of the roses sometime this year.  I have a lot of love for roses in the house decor too.  I haven't painted any pictures etc. in about a year.
 I had a tureen that I tried to sell many times on Ebay but with no luck.  I decided if I had to look at it, it might as well be roses.   I find painting roses to be relaxing.   It's nice to find out you still can after a year goes by when you haven't pick up a brush in all that time.   I guess it is like riding a bike.   
 I am a amateur painter, it took me years to just make the shape of the roses.. So now I make them for fun. Some turn out well others well, that is the best thing about Acrylic painting you can erase and start over if your not happy.    


After
Before
Still needs to have a lacquer for sealing them to have that high gloss sealed shine.




5 comments:

  1. Your roses are lovely it turned out great.
    Hope you get your roses in soon.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely roses. you are brave to do this. I admire your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Glad to be a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty Cindy...and so is your blog. I am happy to meet you! Your painted roses are just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you gave this piece a second life. Your roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete