My Blog List

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Shabby Chic Guest room

We are settling in our new home.  Florida is fabulous!  Here is one of our spare bedrooms I turned into shabby chic room.  Although very small room  I used many things in non traditional ways. 
                            The side table, at one time a microwave cart. Card table holds my laptop now.
Duvet
I found this duvet at a local thrift in Knoxville, TN right before moving.  I fell in love with it.   The pillow cases with the triangle flaps my mom had and I just had to have them.
 Of course she gave them to me.   The other pillows if you remember are from a previous picture before, sat on my sofa in Knoxville.  I made them and the flower on the front of the big one.   Now, they are perfect for my shabby bed. 


 Above the bed another great find this black decoration with the bling.  A whole five dollars at a yard sale.  I can put it anywhere and it looks great.  I love pieces like that.  Well I pulled it all together with the black and white accessories and just love the way it turned out. 
A Shabby Chic chest holds my TV.  The application of wood decor glued on then painted by a friend.


 The desk holding my computer is very small antique table at first glance but,  it actually opens up to a large card table.  (See first picture of the desk) I had no where to put the table, Nor, did I have  room for a desk in this room so it became my desk.  


 The cherub, originally a candle holder,  is now the perfect coaster for my sweet tea.   Hope you enjoy... Hugs, Cindy   












 Linking with:  http://www.timewashed.com/2013/10/blissful-whites-wednesday_15.html

3 comments:

  1. Lovely combination of thrift store finds and sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun ideas! I am working on our cream and white bedroom, it has been the same way for almost 20 years....I LOVE it and will change it up a bit and add a few things! Hopefully I will get it done this winter! Love your room!
    hearts,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ways to decorate a room love the duvet and the bling over the bed.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete