My Blog List

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Update for Guest Room

Hey I am going on eleven years old a Newfoundland Mix I helped mom Paint!
We live in a Ranch from the 50's.  It is spacious but, this room was a blast from the past.  From the previous post this room had walnut paneling to this updated.  Ceiling and walls with new paint job.  So much better wouldn't you say.    It is still a work in progress!
We still need to get new baseboards painted and put on.  Painting paneling is labor intensive.  Primer coat took all day.  Next day Ceiling  painted  took all day.  Next day Painting the paneling with country white color took all day.   Now it feels fresh and new and not like a cave.   Thanks for stopping by and seeing the on going changes to our home.   Cindy
Before...

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of paneled walls that have been painted. It gives a nice textured look. I grew up with paneled walls too (from the 60's). I like the lighter color you chose. I'm sure you'll enjoy spending more time in there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is beautiful! Your bedroom is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bedroom looks lovely and I adore your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference paint can make! It is so light and bright now. I hear you on the time involved. It's a major time commmitment. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete