A simple project for some inexpensive frames I bought from Ollie's a discount store in our area. They originally had a pinkish hue. Paint, glue gun and beads. The possibilities are endless.
My next project will be a bit bigger. I must say I have lived with some awful carpet in my dining room since we bought our home.
( now going on twelve years).
It had seen better days before we got here, but we just never got around to replacing the carpet. The one thing I remember being told that the dining room has hard wood but it has not been finished. I always wanted to pull up the carpet but new that would mean either renting a hardwood floor sander or hiring it out along with stain and polyurethane. It can be very expensive to hire it out. Well recently, I pulled the carpet back to work on the air vent and to my surprise I could see that the floors are stained and at least have some gloss to them. Out came the razor knife and cut it back a bit more.
All these years I never looked. I know can you imagine. So after my vacation I will be pulling up the carpet and hoping the floors are in good enough condition to pass for a bit longer.
I am just excited that they are stained and not just the hardwood with no stain on them. Guess it goes to show not to believe everything you hear...