My Blog List

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Simple Fixes




A simple project for some inexpensive frames I bought from Ollie's a discount store in our area. They originally had a pinkish hue.  Paint, glue  gun and beads.  The possibilities are endless. 

Next Project!


My next project will be a bit bigger.  I must say I have lived with some awful carpet in my dining  room since  we bought our home.
( now going on twelve years).  
 It had seen better days before we got here, but we just never got around to replacing the carpet.  The one thing I remember being told that the dining room has hard wood but it has not been finished.   I always wanted to pull up the carpet but new that would mean either renting a hardwood floor sander or hiring it out along with stain and polyurethane.  It can be very expensive to hire it out.   Well recently, I pulled the carpet back to work on the air vent and to my surprise I could see that the floors are stained and at least have some gloss to them. Out came the razor knife and cut it back a bit more.
 All these years I never looked.  I know can you imagine.   So after my vacation I will be pulling up the carpet and hoping the floors are in good enough condition to pass for a bit longer. 
 I am just excited that they are stained and not just the hardwood with no stain on them.  Guess it goes to show not to believe everything you hear...
    Cindy

7 comments:

  1. OK girlfriend...I can't WAIT to see more of that hidden floor! SQUEAL! Bet it's fab!

    Thanks for sharing...so exciting!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea to add the embellishment to frames :) Looks pretty. Those floors look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,
    What a great project and a pretty outcome!!

    I would love hard wood flooring too but we are waiting and will do the entire house at once with carpeting, tiles and hardwood floors....Now i have no idea when that will be...LOL!!

    I hope you will stop by and enter my 3rd Blog Anniversary Giveaway.....

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, how exciting is that!! Even if there is some bad areas in your floor a few throw rugs should do the trick, can't wait for the before and after...Can't believe you waited 12 years...Yikkes, have fun. Those frames are great!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeek...... I betcha you are nervous and excited to pull up that carpet at the same time. What will you find????? My daughter just recently stained her mismatched wooden cabinets--- and they turned out so well you would have never know that all the wood was different at one time. The product she used was by rustoleum and was called "kitchen cabinet transformation kit" (I think) anywho--- it is a stain/paint product that you can have mixed up to whatever color you'd like. I think they give you like 80 different colors to pick from. You could use that product on your floor if your needing to match all the wood to the same color... just a thought :-)
    big hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete