My Blog List

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Shabby Chic Ruffled Lamp Shade Tutioral

These lampshades started out blue.  I picked them up at a yard sale, for a quarter a piece.  Once home I removed the cover and began the makeover.



                                                        Original blue lampshade.
                                  Ruffles made with a ruffle attachment on my sewing machine.
                                                    After removal of the blue fabric.
Supplies:  White cloth (mine came from white sheet material) Napkins that had design on them cut out for accent.  Scissors, glue gun, and lampshade.  Added, white material on shade, applied accent of design, glued on ruffle on top and then bottom. So many options, so much fun to make..    Hope you enjoy!

I partied with:   foxhollowcottage.com power-of-pinterest-get-yourself-pinned.
                           homespunhappenings 
                         keepingitsimplecrafts

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely, low cost makeover ~ brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and oh-so-cute! They look beautiful :)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these--you have inspired me--I am going to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute lamp shades! You are so creative. Thanks for sharing your talents with us!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I've been looking for a ruffle attachment...but I don't know exactly what to look for. Shows just how much of a seamstress I am. :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new look! Thank you so much for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!

    OK--I am inspired to try this. Good luck to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love my ruffler...Yep it's addictive!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete