My Blog List

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Don't Judge a book by it's Cover!

I had this idea to place a picture into a book on the front cover.  So, I looked for a book I could cut into but, I had difficulty cutting the front of the book without guilt.  I know I am  so traditional!
 I couldn't tear up a good book! I bought a few books, but just couldn't do it!  I found this book, it is written in Spanish. So I justified it with. (  I can't read it!  Because, I do not speak or read Spanish.)   This book I also, had reservations about cutting.  Have you ever had problems tearing up or painting a perfectly good thing?  My daughter even chimed in.  (Mom, it's okay to do this project on a book.)   Okay!  Here it goes!     Hope you Enjoy.... 
                                I cut the book cover in shape of picture frame added glue to stable the  picture.

                               Back of books after adding card stock along with lace on cover.
I went to a party at:
acreativeprincess.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-party-79
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/2012/11/open-house-party

5 comments:

  1. Cindy, I'm like you about books!
    I did an 'altered book' class where we cut through pages - I felt very guilty!!

    Love what you've done to your 'Spanish' book!
    Shane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, This is really creative and so pretty! Thanks for linking to the Open House party and I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, love the book. I love books too, but I like to think if I use a book to create something beautiful ,it is okay. It may not be read but it will be something beautiful to look at and cherish for many years.
    Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, what a creative idea. Love the bits of embellishments. I must be some kind of a sadist. I tear pages out of books without even thinking twice. lol! Of course, not if the vintage book has a cool cover. Then I must leave it as is. Especially if the cover is turquoise or red. Thanks for sharing with Share your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/01/clever-chicks-blog-hop-16-hogwash-soaps.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete