My Blog List

Sunday, September 2, 2012

What to do with odd napkins?



How many times have you come across a miss matched, two or three napkins and passed on them?    I have passed many times until now.  I am finding so many uses for those odd napkins.   I got out my ruffle attachment.  I took two white napkins and made this bag above.   The flower was also, fun to make just making a round disk and then sewing in different directions to make them look somewhat like petals.  Adding a bead in the middle.  They're a bit rough looking but, that is what I like the most about them.  The straps, ruffles and flower are all made out of muslin.  The pocket on the bag is also made out of a lace napkin that was cut in half.   I hope you enjoy!   Cindy








       The canvas bag was purchased and embellished with graphics from The Graphics Fairy.
These Batten burg Valances were not long enough to reach across the window so I sewed together two white lace Batten burg napkins and made an extension then added the flower for embellishment.
This office chair was gray and boring. I took muslin and made a cover for it. 
Added napkins with lace in the middle and also wrapped napkins on the arms.  
You can still see the gray that the chair is under the cover.

I am linking with the following parties....
chiconashoestringdecorating.
The Tablescaper
bernideensteatime
.keepingitsimplecrafts
The graphicsfairy brag Monday
astrollthrulife
/www.kathewithane.com/2012/09/youre-gonna-love-it-week
cozylittlehouse.com/2012/09/tweak-it-tuesday-

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love how it turned out. I'm hoping to someday have a sewing machine again...this time with all the attachments ;)
    Have a great Labor Day!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely so clever. Who would have thought. Thanks tons for joining TTT and the tutorial. Hgus, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering how I missed this then I realized I was not following you...oop's I am now! I love bags, I love my ruffler too, one of best investment I made, the flower is so cute, you are going to have to show us exactly how you did that. Lesson learned, never throw out those missmatched napkins!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What creative ideas! I won't pass up those single napkins again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here, sugar, and thanks for inviting me over! I see you use a ruffler also. I love mine and so do friends. LOL You're very creative with those old napkins. I have a bunch of hankies I've tried selling on ebay but no success. Maybe I'll figure out something to do with them like you've done. Gorgeous, sweetpea!!!
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you do ... very creative ...the bags are really pretty.
    Thanks for visiting Timeless Treasures and leaving such a nice comment.
    Blessings.
    Audrey Zhttp://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative! I never would have thought of that. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fabric totes are DARLING!! Great creative idea for a napkin! It's so FUN seeing what us gals can re-purpose! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I am your newest follower. I too love Victorian and am on a Victorian journey myself. I'm looking forward to catching up on your older posts. I hope you will come and visit my Victorian blog. Have a great Monday! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's party time at Debt Free Mommy Blog and we're so busy it'll stay open for an entire month!! You're welcome to link up as many posts as you'd like that relate to making your space a better one for you and yours. So hop on over if you'd like and link up to Making Space Mondays, Linky Party #15. Thanks! -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete