My Blog List

Monday, September 10, 2012

How to turn off your Word Verification on your Blog


Okay so it happened again today... I went to a blog I wrote a comment, word verification on.  I tried to put the verification in four times.. Ended up not able to leave a comment... So decided, I would put this on my blog to let those know.. what is happening...

Lately, I have went to some blogs, found that they have word verification  on.  Now it is a personal choice of course..
 I am a newer blogger myself, one of the girls from a blog that has many years experience in the blog world.  Told me, you might want to turn off your word verification as when people go to leave comments with word verification on, they type in the wrong letters, they quit, move on, Not leaving a comment at all.   Why?    Because it is frustrating......
  When I go to a blog and they have word verification on I usually say nothing. 
 Of late, when I have went to blogs, they have word verification on, I have had to put in the verification letters Over and Over again.  Sometimes even then, I have not been  successful in leaving a comment.  No matter how many times I put in the letters I think correctly it still will not let me leave a comment...  So for all those who would like turn off your word verification but does not know how... Here we go....


Step 1...... Go to design or your dashboard....       
        2....    Go to Settings
        3....    Go to Post/ comments
        4....    Scroll down to where it says Show word verification  if it says yes..... Choose NO....
                  your word verification is now OFF... and no more frustration when trying to leave comments.
                     Now you will have lots of comments hopefully. 

 How easy is that?   I wish you all the great comments you hope for on your blog...     

Hugs to all ... Cindy

9 comments:

  1. More comments = More interaction with other wonderful bloggers = More friends!! Thanks for posting this Cindy! Have a wonderful evening ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if it was the same kind person who told me in such a nice way to turn off word verification.....I receive so many more comments now. Great post!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup I agree with you. Lately it's been hard to read some word verifications and the same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. I gave up too.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy,
    I have had mine off on both blogs for some time now. I even know someone who hosts a party that has their's still on. I hate trying to leave comments on thos bolgs who still use it....

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN. I will usually jump through the word verification hoop because I know how much comments mean to me when I get them, but it is so frustrating. I agree...lately I've been having to type it in OVER & OVER again. I've given up a few times. Not sure what is going on with that. I've never had word verification and I can count on two hands the number of spammy comments/emails that I've received. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I agree it's better not to use word verification. Half the time I can't even make out what I'm supposed to type in! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting this, I would have never figured out how to do it and mine did say yes to word verification and now it says no. So many thanks. take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 2 post on Sep. 17, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get so frustrated with this too! Thanks for getting the word out! And your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete