My Blog List

Sunday, September 23, 2012

For My Hearts Sake!

Some things may be to personal for a blog.  But, my heart wants everyone to know!  This is one of my best outlets. To tell a message. With out worry of who is getting the message.  I want to scream to the whole world.   I hope you do not mind taking this journey with me.

I am a young girl all of twenty one.  I have over heard,  that this man is always wanting my picture.  He is all of  forty three .  I am suspicious, I think I  know who he is.  I can't be sure just yet, then it happens.  He is contacted.  He comes by my grandmothers house.  He is my dad..... 
DID YOU HEAR THAT?..... DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD?........ He has another family.  They know of me, but do not know about me. I am to remain quiet about it. Shhhh..... The wife has a baby also.  She is ten months older than me.  They also have a son two years later.  I am sad, but understand. I go along.. Years go by, many events in life pass by.  I am still quiet. Shhhh.... The wife passes, and it is sad for his family.  I am so sorry. I know it is such a sad time.   My dad and I make contact again, it's now been eight long years since I seen him. He stop coming by even though we live in the same town.  I sent a card to him.  Last Sunday I see him for the first time in eight years..... I am elated..   He tells me the other two children do not know about this and he would like to keep it that way.   My heart sinks to my toes... He is seventy five though, he has just lost his wife of fifty five years........Shhhhhh. I CAN ONLY REMAIN QUIET....... this is as close as I can get.... he called me today, so glad to hear from him each time.  I am blessed to have him in my life, but I wish I didn't have to remain silent.....


With all my heart.... I hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Cindy, I'm so happy for you! To see your Father again is so wonderful! Although, there are things we don't understand...give it to the LORD....he knows and understands everything...his timing is PERFECT. Blessings and Prayers! Your Father is BLESSED to have such a LOVELY daughter! From one sweetie to another~~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story--sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cindy, bless your heart. How bittersweet this all must be for you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every family seems to have their skeletons, don't they? The crazy thing is his other kids probably would love to meet you! It seems so difficult to keep secrets doesn't it. Enjoy your time with him, he is so lucky to have you!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Carol...his other children would love to meet you! isn't the blogging community wonderful.....a place to journal your thoughts and feelings and people journal in return. There is a reason for everything....keep the faith! A great picture of you and your Dad.

    Best chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have skeletons in our closets. I know you love to have your Dad in your life but I think he is being very selfish in not letting you meet his other siblings.They are all grown children and I'm sure they would love to know you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of the Bridges of Madison County. So many things we feel and experience, yet we don't share them with the people we love the most. I'm saddened that you must be "kept a secret" as if you have done something wrong! Maybe one day....In everything, give thanks, GrandmaSoucie

    ReplyDelete