My Blog List

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Transformation with a Victorian Lady

                                     The transfer was possible thanks to the Graphics Fairy.

I found these chairs for a steal at what else a yard sale.  They actually had three of these same chairs.  They had two other chairs that matched a different pattern. Five in all.
 I felt like I could only take two of them. He was willing to sell all of them for a whopping five dollars.  He said someone had thrown them out to the dump and he picked them up.  
They have good bones! I think with some paint, and new upholstered cushion they are good for another few more years.

                                                      Tools used for my transformation!
                                            Wouldn't you know it the transfer tore! 
                  I ended up cutting the frayed part then filling it in with paint to match the transfer! 
I liked how it looked in brown, but decided to paint it white.



















This is one of the two original chairs before...  Oh My...

Hope you Enjoyed!
Cindy

14 comments:

  1. Such pretty chairs. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from A Creative Princess. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-9.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the imperfections add character. The chairs are much prettier in white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy love what you have done with these old chairs they are so beautiful in white, thanks for sweet comment.
    Hugs Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice to "meet" you Cindy! Thanks so much for following, and now I am following your lovely blog...
    What a fabulous transformation of these chairs! I really need to do something to my old chairs, and you have inspired me!
    Blessings,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  5. O MY!! These chairs are to die for! Love the transfer!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely transformation!! You did an awesome job!! Thank you for your sweet comment on my plaster heart! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I have yet to try this. I appreciate you sharing with Share Your Cup. Hope you will join again this week! I am now following you.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Rescue! I like them white. Thank you for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job on the chairs. I love them so much you really inspire me. I love reading your blogs:)

    ReplyDelete