My Blog List

Friday, August 24, 2012

Rose Paintings

Feeling a bit restless.  I Needed to find something to keep me busy.  I pulled down some frames with roses all ready in them that had been on my walls for awhile.  I wanted to change the gold in the house slowly to white and began with these bubble glass frames that are very ornate.   After painting them white I decided I liked them much better with the update.   I also had a large gold frame in the bathroom in it a painting I had completed a long while ago.  So that became my new project today.    If you ever painted pictures you kinda have to be in the mood.  As I began and was into it for awhile I felt myself wanting to hurry through it.  Which tells me I wasn't in the mood to paint.  I was determined that I was going to finish it today.  Some times you just have to work through things.   These are the results for today.. Hope you enjoy....





 I linking up with:
http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/ party # 80
Kathewane your going to love it Tuesday


24 comments:

  1. So pretty! I wish I could paint--I have beautiful roses right now that could pose for me :) You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty! LOVE the transformation! I heard painting is good for the soul..very calming...You are very talented! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pleasure seeing some of your pretty art work. I love art and roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your icon on Beverly's page caught my eye. I posted a plate w/some roses that are similar to your icon rose.

    I appreciate your comment about feeling rushed and realizing you weren't in the mood to paint. Sometimes, we just have to understand ourselves a bit, huh? Everything turned out very nice though!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Hopping a little late from Pink Saturday.

    My PINK, come and see when you get a chance.
    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy,
    I am so jealous and wish I could paint like that!!
    I love the frames. I took down some small framed mirrors that were in my bathroom and I am not going to use them there so I was thinking of painting them white and maybe doing chalk board on the mirrors....
    We'll see....

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your frames and your painting are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy,
    So pretty! You did a good job. I have another blog along with my other one, called Topiary Rose.
    Have a good week.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful painting of the roses. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What talent. The painting are lovely. I love the frames too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cindy, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Much, much better! Love the white frame.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Cindy,
    Your rose paintings are so pretty! Love the idea of painting the frames white. They really make the roses show up. Thank you for visiting me at Bunny Cottage. I hope you are having a great week, my friend. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your paintings!! You are quite talented!!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your frames and painting are so gorgeous, i love to see them up on the wall too.
    gorgeous !!
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete