My Blog List

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Beads Beads and more Beads


Some times when you go out to thrift stores and tag sales, you just hit the jack pot.  We all love those days!  This is what happened to me recently.  I went off to one of my favorite thrift stores and there was two bins.  Both blue about the equal size.  The one said Bead Lot 12.99 the other one said the same.    I took one of the bins and placed in my buggy!  The other one was grabbed up very quickly by another customer.  Wow... what a find!  I have never made jewelry before but will be beading my little fingers off now.   While out I also found some items that I just loved.  The yellow toile tablecloth and these beautiful shades.  I couldn't remember if my chandelier had five or six arms that would accommodate these beautiful shades.. so I snatched them up for the five dollars and took a chance.   To my mom's dining room they go. She was the lucky five arm chandelier holder.   Hope you enjoy!







 I still can't believe all this for only 12.99...

I am linking with: To the party at:   http://www.freckledlaundry.com/air-your-laundry-friday-textile-party
what-about.co/show off Friday #19

http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/08/vintage-inspiration-103-all-things-home.html

11 comments:

  1. Beads can be so expensive so that was quite a find. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,

    You hit the Mother Load here!!
    I love that fabric, reminded me that I think I may have something similar. You know how it is when you put something away and forget about it!!

    I will have to go and check now...

    Great buy on this shades. I had to look and see if mine in the DR was 5 or 6 and mine is 6. I have a packet in my purse of all my swatches of wall paper border in the house and paint chips from all the rooms so if I am out shopping, I never have to wonder about what color things are and if they would match a particular room. I now added a piece of paper stating that the chandy has 6 arms as I know I will forget it later!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit the Jackpot. Now you have bead work to do. I think I have some of the same and don't do beads. Love the little lamp shades too.
    Thanks for stopping by Timeless Treasures and leaving a nice comment.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were some amazing finds. I love he tablecloth, it's unusual. Nice you shared with your mother. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're going to be having a lot of fun with those beads! LOVE that amazing toile fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day at the thrift shop!!Can't wait to see what you craft with the beads!

    chris

    ReplyDelete