My Blog List

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Give us our Daily Bread


Making baskets into master pieces... After taking my sewing basket, painting it, re-upholstering the top, and embellishing it. (from a previous post)  I just loved it!  The bling in the rosettes that I placed on it was just what it needed. I decided to re- invent a simple basket for my bread basket.


 I took the plain basket and made a similar painting on the basket with embellishment.  This time using pearls to embellish rather than bling.   The words on the cloth was made with rubber stamp letters, using brown ink.  It says Bread.  It is a very fancy rubber stamp so unfortunately it doesn't show the words very clear. I will need to look for plain letter rubber stamp for future projects.
 I found, painting and embellishing the basket to be so relaxing and fun... Hope you enjoy... Cindy
The previous sewing basket

14 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a great idea!! I would love to do that on a couple of baskets I use when i have company, and it is perfect since we never wash baskets...Genius!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your baskets--they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baskets turned out lovely

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this DOES look like fun! So beautiful too! Love those rosettes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you painted half the basket, then the roses, now wish I had kept all my extra baskets, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the white! Those baskets look so cute now!
    hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love baskets. All the various textures and sizes. I use them all over the house. Love your idea to give it some bling! Thanks for joining my party!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your baskets!! Such a clever idea! Sure punches them up a few notches! Awesome
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love the baskets that you have done, with painting them halfway with the white. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! So simple, but yet so complete.

    Best regards,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete