My Blog List

Friday, July 20, 2012

A Mantel by Request


It was requested that I blog about my mantel.  I do love it! My mantel has special meaning to me as it is made especially for me by my Mr. M.
At first I was like I can not blog about it, it isn't my project. I was then told that many a bloggers have made posts about things they personally haven't made.  Even I have to admit, that I have blogged about things I personally haven't made.  When you scroll down to older blogs, you will see nature! The good lord made and I took pictures of. Hope you all enjoy!   Cindy
I went to Florida for a short vacation. Mr. M stayed home and when I got home, I was surprised with  this mantel! What a wonderful surprise!  He had asked me a few things before I left,  if I was to pick out certain corbels what would I choose.  I said well, truthfully, I would like something elegant but simple.  This is my special beautiful mantel my husband graciously built and surprised me with. 
      I am sorry the picture is a bit blurry.. Thank you Bobbie for suggesting this. I am so blessed to have you as my friend.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful mantel, it does look very elegant and I love the gorgeous plates that you have displaced on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful mantle! I so wish I had a fireplace so I could have a mantle to decorate! Love all the beautiful things that you have displayed so lovingly on it!
    And you can blog about whatever you want, it is your blog and the sky is the limit as to what you want to share!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your mantel is just lovely!!! What a nice surprise to come home to.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a great guy! He did a beautiful job! So glad you visited my blog, following you back. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOur mantle is gorgeous and your home looks like a fine Victorian mansion...Gorgeous decor!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such craftsmanship! Your mantle has such warmth with its vintage style and you have added lovely accent pieces.

    Visiting from You're Gonna Love It Tuesday.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you take joy is something I think it is a good thing to blog about. I don't think we all have to do everything we find joy in. We just point out our joy and share it. What a great hubby you have there.
    Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. He did an awesome job, what a wonderful surprise to come home to! He is very talented. very beautiful, Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful job he did on this! It is decorated so beautifully as well! I am very fond of your style of decorating. It is very similar to my tastes as well! I might be a tad bit more eclectic, but definitely have a love for these Victorian tones. Thank you for sharing. I am following your pretty blog now.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! ...And I love all your rose plates! I've just discovered your lovely blog, and am now following...
    So nice to meet you!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Home is Beautiful. Would never want to leave. :) You have awesome taste with the talent to pull everything into it, and your outlook from inside is just as beautiful, and yes, I mean that both way's, looking out of your windows you see beauty, and looking at you inside and out, I see beauty. So thank you for sharing the warm and wonderful home pics. Love You, alway's Cheryl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete