My Blog List

Saturday, June 9, 2012

You can't step away from the Bowl Pasta!

I call this step away from the bowl pasta..Due to not being able to step away from the bowl.!
This is how it looks when your finished..
This is called Roasted vegetables with pasta you can change this recipe with different vegetables or adding meat.  It is very versatile.  It is very simple, but it is very delicious. Thanks Sharon for teaching it to me.

You will need:
1 Onion sliced (more if you like) (Picture not shown)
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
1 lb. Bow tie Pasta
1 or 2 Red, Yellow, Or Orange Peppers( I like at least two in mine)
Cherry tomatoes, Roma tomatoes or any tomatoes will work for Roasting.  (These are just normal vine ripe tomatoes I quartered.
1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese (You can shred or buy already shred Parmesan.
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (optional, you can just use the shredded only if you like)
Salt
Olive oil
In a sauce pan on top of stove, add 1tsp. olive oil add sliced onions and separate slices. Cook slow Low to med heat. 
Chop garlic into small pieces and add to onions. Add small amount of salt.  Caramelize onions.
Roast Peppers and tomatoes after coating in olive oil, sprinkle with salt.  Place in oven on 500 for approximately 25 minutes.. Ovens vary.. Be sure to watch to prevent burning.  When your tomatoes are turning a bit or if you used cherry tomatoes roast until they begin to pop.  Peppers should have some char on them but not to much.
Boil Pasta according to pkg. directions.  Add salt to boiling water
Drain pasta and add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.  Add Caramelized onions and garlic, sprinkle with a bit of cheese, Add remaining roasted vegetables, Add remaining amount of Parmesan cheese.  Mix a bit and enjoy!

I put the onions, garlic in the pasta, after caramelized.

This is the shredded Parmesan cheese I used but any brand will work.

Roasted Vegetables with olive oil and a dash of salt.
Hope you Enjoy!
Cindy




















7 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy, can't wait to try it.

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I am making this right now! Honestly I mean it, I am hungry and have not eaten dinner. I don't have peppers though...bummer. You are so right about what sells, I always do really well on linens, go figure the rest, if we knew what sold and didn't we'd all be milllionaires!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good your Blog and your work. Excuseme my inglish...rss. I'm follow in you! Kisses I love that all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete