My Blog List

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day Memories!


Happy Father’s Day!   A Gut wrenching good bye… It is written at a time of raw emotion.  It is a reminder of how short our life is, how it slips by even when we feel we are justified to be estranged, it is sometimes too late to make it right.  This is my story…
 Please forgive my grief.

Paul Raymond Starr
1933-2007
IN MEMORY OF PAUL RAYMOND STARR


The day I heard of your passing I wrote a poem.  It portrays my hope for the future and my grief and sorrow of today.

Somewhere out there is a little girl  smiling at her Father.  As the sun rises, so does her hopes that she will grow to have her mother and father with her, all the years to come.
Today the sun stopped shinning.   The clouds turned black,  it began to rain.  First a mist,  then a sprinkle, and now the storm has come full fury. 
The rain is pouring.  The clouds are black!  Strobes of light are flashing.  Bolts of lightning, one right after another, the roaring of the thunder is deafening to my ears.  
 My eyes are closed, I cannot face the storm.  The wind is whipping and rocking and swaying and I am floating in a whirl wind of discomfort.  What has happened to my world?  I want to look out with happiness, but can't.   I want to return to the sun, but can’t.  I want to have peace and comfort of knowing my world, and the love of my life, and my family is intact, but I can’t.
I feel the flood of rain on my face, first a mist, then a sprinkle and now the storm with it fury are all about me.  My heart is broken, my life is not the same, nor will it ever be.  The little girl is here again, she longs to run up to the door, with glowing heart and be surrounded by her hero.  Today the little girl is here again, today the clouds are black, today my life has changed, but somewhere is a little girl smiling at her father and the sun is shining bright and her heart is joyful. May all her days be blessed. 

My Dad, the only one I knew.  Raised me and loved me. Our love was silenced years before you left me that July.  My heart never left, it loves you today as always, and will carry you with me for all my days.  My memories are mine.  My Step-Dad the only Dad I knew.  You are loved and missed… 
Thank you for sharing my Father's Day to my Dad..
Happy Father’s Day to all…..   Cindy

9 comments:

  1. Hello I found your poem very moving I hope your day went well.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy,

    It's a beautiful poem. I understand the loss of a Dad. It's 3 years for me.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to your Dad. Mine has been gone for 7 years!! I miss him everyday!

    Best Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN THIS, CINDY YOU NAILED IT, I AM STILL CRYING AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. THIS IS A FIRST FOR ME, BLOGING THAT IS, I AM NOT TO SAVY ON COMPUTER BUT AM LEARNING AS I GO. I THINK YOUR WEBSITE IS AWSOME, YOU DO BEAUTIFUL WORK, SURE WISH I COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME, CHANCES ARE, WE WOULD BE DOING THEESE THINGS TOGETHER.
    LOVE ALWAY'S YOUR SISTER
    CHERYL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Cheryl... Love, and Hugs to you, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete