My Blog List

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Curio, Crystal and Chocolate Pots

My curio is a thrift find from many years ago.
 My friend and I walked around the thrift store looking at all the possibility's to bring home!  We had been out and about all day to different antique stores. We always started early in the morning, this day was no different.  It was now approaching evening, when we stopped at the final destination for shopping. 
This thrift store at the time stayed open till nine pm.  We were exhausted from all the shopping. As my friend sat in one the chairs talking about how tired she was.  "I said," Isn't that a curio?
 How could we not have noticed it right away?  We was just too exhausted I guess. The price was 200.00 on the tag.   My friend then tells me that it is half price on furniture today! What?  Get out of here! Are you kidding me?
No, "she said",  It is half price on furniture. So, we loaded it up in her Nissan Path finder.  We had smiles on our faces all the way home. I got a curio at a great price!  She holds some of my favorite things.
Fond Memories!


Each time I look at the chocolate pots I remember where they came from and it brings smiles along with fond memories.  The crystal cordials are from my mom.  The bowl above with roses are from Arcadia, Florida Antique Store.   The pink chocolate pot vintage came from the same area of Arcadia, Florida.
There are to many places and to many memories, each piece a special place in my heart of time spent with family or friends.
The curio is curved. You can't see it in this picture but it has bubble glass on each side.  Hope you Enjoy! Cindy


19 comments:

  1. What a lucky find!! I love all your china!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your CURIO FIND is GORGEOUS! LOVE the shape and size! All of your china steals my heart especially those chocolate pots! It is truly a beautiful display...eye catching! I'm a sucker for PINKS and ROSEs! And you did get a great BUY! Don't they just make your day? from one sweetie to another....Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bargain!! Your curio items are gorgeous. I would love to own a chocolate pot and cups. My grandchildren love hot chocolate and it would be fun to serve their chocolate in something so lovely. They would actually appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bargain!! Your curio items are gorgeous. I would love to own a chocolate pot and cups. My grandchildren love hot chocolate and it would be fun to serve their chocolate in something so lovely. They would actually appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually it takes patience and we can usually find some fabulous deals at the thrift shops. How wonderful it was 1/2 price day. Your chocolate pot and cups are stunning sitting in there. Nothing better than pieces attached with memories. I've been looking for a corner curio for my living room. It will turn un somewhere with a price I'm happy with. Have a wonderful week.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Curio Cabinet holds your beautiful treasures and looks amazing. Great find.
    Such a pretty collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cabinet is gorgeous and you have such lovely things displayed inside. Beautiful. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous piece at a fabulous price. Your treasures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your dishes are so beautiful! I could just look and look and look at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful collection of hand painted roses,victorian statuary, cranberrry glass....love it all. You really know how to put it all together for a lovely display.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you to all for such kind comments. I have had internet problems this week. If I have not thanked you via your email,and even if I have, let me tell you, I appreciate each and every one of you!
    Hugs all around,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely pieces displayed in your curio cabinet. You certainly stumbled upon quite a deal!

    Visiting from You're Gonna Love It.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you have such gorgeous things! I just love your collection of beautifully displayed old dishes with the prettiest rose designs, and that fabulous cabinet!
    I am now following your lovely blog! Oh, we have the same background isn't that funny? (Creative minds- think alike?) ;)
    Be blessed! Linda @ Grandmalay's Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the patterns on the plates and chocolate pots are so what I love!! Oh all those pink flowers. Great find on the curio! You where so right on what sells, linens are my biggest seller!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the "MOST GORGEOUS" display AND curio I have ever seen!!! I must go back and STUDY each lovely piece! You have such a beautiful collection... I am your newest follower. I hope you will PEEK into my World of Blog and Maybe decide to follow me too...
    Have a wonderful week,
    Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete