My Blog List

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Crafty Charm Tutorial

Here is the my newest bracelet, necklace charm or key chain charm.   This was made from Sculpey Polymer clay.   I softened the Polymer clay, then took a cookie cutter and made different shapes.  Two of the shapes I used a Christmas hook, the kind you use for hanging your ornaments. One of the charms I used part of a large paper clip to make the hook.  You then push it into the polymer clay, bake for about 20 to 25 minutes on 200-250 depending on your oven.  When cool ( mine was a bit warm still ) you print a picture you want to use, I printed mine on a  ink jet printer. Adjust the size to fit on the charm.   You then cut it out to fit, add Mod Podge to the charm.  Turn picture face down onto the Mod Podge.  I also added Mod podge to the back of the picture but it made it more difficult to come off.  I waited till the next day to try to remove the picture from the charm. I then ran it under water and rubbed the paper off.  It then left this picture on the charm.   This is still wet with a final coat of Mod Podge after it has been completed.   I guess you could also just Mod Modge it on like decoupage and it may work just as well? (Did not try that way.)  I plan to give this to my friend that is in the picture with her family.
Hope you Enjoy!  Cindy

8 comments:

  1. Very cool idea. I want to make some of these for Christmas gifts. How cool would this be w some of my italy pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special gift for your friend. She is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat idea. Wonderful as always to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete