My Blog List

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thoughts of Grandeur!

I enjoy yard sales so much as a lot of us do.  This weekend was a bit of a challenge! So me and my mom. (My best buddy)  went out as we always do.  We were so excited because we didn't know if we would be able to get to them all. So it began, (  Thoughts  of grandeur! I wonder what will we find?)  It's kinda like a child's Christmas never knowing what is in the boxes, bags or wrappings!

We started the day off okay, the neighborhood communities were all participating in the neighborhood sale.  Each one we went to had lots of kids toys, and children's clothes.  Oh and cribs, car seats, play yards, oh my!  Well that is great if you have that in mind to purchase.  But, every house seem to have gotten the memo!  " Only put out the children's things! Do not forget the clothes for the children! "  I can hear the echo from the mega phone from the person responsible for setting up the community sale. I can see them as they ran from house to house making sure each house  knew what to put out for the sale. The sound keeps echoing in my ear. " Don't forget the children's clothes!"
  I seem to be complaining.  No,  just a mental note for myself,  to keep my dreams a little less filled with excitement, as to not get my hopes dashed when that is what we find for the day, when out at the yard sales.
 Okay, after many ( and I mean many) yard sales this is my new finds. 
Hope you enjoy!
Cindy




trying to get off a sticker that must of been on since this was born.
 A vintage glass light fixture and a silver plate serving dish


I am linking with:  The Tablescaper at Seasonal Sunday let the party begin.





12 comments:

  1. Oh I am with you on the kids stuff! That's all I see around here unless I go to an older neighborhood! Thank you for sharing your finds at my party. See you next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little porcelain figures and that plate is very pretty.
    Thank you for sharing. I hope you get that sticker off.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had great success! Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. "There were many diamonds in the rough for you to find"! You did really well...I (((LOVE))) the pretty ROSE PLATTER in the first picture. I'm picturing it with a CLOCHE and some YUMMIES under that cloche!
    MAYONNAISE...DAB it onto that goo from the sticker and massage it in, It should come off then...
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sparkle :)
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds and how much fun it must be for you and your mother to do this together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what wonderful finds! Love the sparkly crystal,how fun to go yard sale-ing with your mum. Lovely light fixture!Thanks for your sweet note and for following me:) Happily following you back through GFC. Happy Sunday to you!~Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it true...always lots of kids things!! But you in looking at your treasures, you came home with some great things!! I love the vintage light fixture and the crystals!!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, just found your blog thru Green Willow Pond, love all the finds. will visit you often I love your blog. so I am going to browse now! I'm your newest follower. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work with the yard sales! I LOVE a good yard sale, too. And that drawer is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your finds, especially the pretty plate with the gorgeous roses, the pink light fitting and the chandy! How lovely to be able to go with your mum. thanks so much for visiting me the other day... take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  12. The crystals and chandy look pretty interesting. Glad there was something hidden in all the kiddies stuff.

    ReplyDelete