My Blog List

Monday, May 14, 2012

Have you seen the Big Black Rose?

I have been practicing making flowers thanks to a handy dandy blog called The Polka Dot Closet.  She has a great tutorial on making flowers.  Be sure you have plenty of time when you go there.  She has a little of everything you need to know or want to know.  The craft of making flowers is just one of her tutorials.
 I find the craft of  making  flowers to be so relaxing.  I have seen many of the rose, flower tutorials on different blogs.  They are all so beautiful!   Each time I see one I know it's the thing that gets my, "  I want that."  to begin. (  Boom boom, boom boom.) (Heart beat increases)  Awe.... look at that, now why didn't I think of that?   So I copy instead..  (shh )  She said I could and you can too.  She does have some rules on that though.
Hope you enjoy,
Cindy


A Vintage Hat I Found at my Favorite Thrift Store.
 Black Rose with button,beads and tulle. 


My finished Vintage hat.  Wow!  That flower looks huge here!


I am linking with:   The Polka Dot Closet.
I went to a party:  Kathewithane.blogspot.com You're Gonna Love It Tuesday.
I also partied at:  A Creative Princess: It's a Party! #54

10 comments:

  1. Awesome. I'll have to take a peek at her tutorial.
    Have a great eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GORGEOUS! The tulle adds so much....Girl it is prettier than any I have ever made! I sold a ton of hats I put them on at the Fancy Flea. Those round hats are my favorite. I sold 2 of them to actual brides to be. I feel just like you when i make up a batch of of the petals I find it so relaxing, that is so funny you said that too! You copy away, I am thrilled and flattered!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is BEAUTIFUL!! I *love* it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely. Thanks so much for being a part of my 100th Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy,

    Your flower is gorgeous!
    Carol from the Polka Dot Closet is a sweetheart.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just gorgeous! I can see why you are hooked! Thanks for sharing at the party! I can't wait to see what you link up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete