My Blog List

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Trading Apples for Chocolate

When I saw this tray I thought the apples were strawberries.   Well this tray is actually a heavy plastic resin type of material.  When someone decorated this with apples it looks like they used joint compound.  Then tried to smooth it out.    The texture of the scrapper or what ever tool they used left marks and made a uneven surface. 


I spent some time with a palm sanders.  Then painted it white with white Krylon spray paint.  I used vellum slogans, sprayed adhesive on the vellum to adhere them. 
 I used modpodge over the vellum to seal it.  I then had a chocolate french stamp and decided to stamp the tray with brown ink.  When the ink dried I sprayed it with clear coat to protect it where I stamped it. Be sure to go to Debbiedoo's  
Where I joined her Newbie Linky party every Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment