My Blog List

Friday, April 20, 2012

Sentimental Journey

Thinking about family and how fast time goes by. Tonight I wanted to share with you some things I have put together that are very dear to me. 
 The window I painted a semi gloss white.  The actual frame came from my daughter's house.  The window is  framed with pictures from different magazines of Victorian ladies.  It is also a pink rose that I find lovely.  However,  two of these pictures are my family.  My mother when she was a young girl is at the top middle  and my Great Grandfather, Carl Listen is on the lower left.
 It brings me great pleasure to introduce them to you.  
I am also presenting my grand daughter who is now four.  The display shows an Easter dress she wore along with a pacifier, and comb and brush set.   She was  a little more than a year when she wore it and it seems like yesterday.


The last collage of items are in the brown frame. 
It is a hat my husband wore when he was a small boy. A picture shows him wearing it and his mother beside him.  It also includes a baby book behind it.



Time does go by so fast.  These are a few of my special  treasures.  Enjoy!

Cindy

4 comments:

  1. Cindy,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment and following along.
    We really like the flavors of the loquats and they make a great cobbler. Sad we only get them one time of the year.
    I love your collages, I have some clothing items from my children set back to do some of them one day. Maybe I'll get around to that soon.
    Looking forward to visiting your blog more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I am returning your complement. I will be back to visit.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Saw your comment on another blog and when I saw the name of your blog, I just had to stop by. I too am a lover of all things Victorian.
    I signed up as a Follower.
    Hope you will stop by and visit a bit with me...

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'morn ny friend ~
    What gorgeous collage designs you have created. Fabulous way to view memories daily ... I love looking & touching the vintage items of my family, too.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    PS following

    ReplyDelete