My Blog List

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Changing Lamp Shades

I love Victorian lampshade they are usually very expensive and very detailed.  
Mine are very easy to make.  
I chose a Fragonard fabric by Rich-loom. Armed with my hot glue gun over the top of an existing light material shade. 
 I  cut a strip a little bigger than the lamp shade.  Then hot glued it to the top and then to the bottom of the shade.  
This lamp shade is done one panel at a time
You do have a little wiggle room for error.  You will be using a trim and it covers a lot of problems. I then took a pink ribbon and hot glued it over the top portion of the material and then with a beaded ribbon I hot glued it to the bottom.  I love the way they look. 
Hope you Enjoy,
Cindy
 


14 comments:

  1. Oh, that is gorgeous!! The fabric is what makes it so spectacular! I have done the ones with panels also and you're right, it gives you a little wiggle room. The trim is so perfect....Great job, I love the way it looks too

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty... I too love the romantic Victorian style.... thanks for visiting the house in the roses, and a warm welcome to Blogland! ;)

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy, thank you for swinging by my blog to say hello. I see your new to blogland Welcome darling!! Your lampshade is gorgeous, so rich looking. I adore the fabric you chose. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty lampshades. You did a terrific job on them too. The toile one is my favorite.

    blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the instructions!! I have a lamp shade I want to change and thought this would be the way. Thanks for confirming!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these turned out lovely! They look like they would cost a lot of money if purchased from a store.

    As to the beach photos, they were taken in New Smyrna (my home away from home). :) Thank you for following back,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Cindy
    Thank you so much for stopping by.
    I love everything Victorian and will of course be looking forward to see more from you.
    Your lampshades are fabulous!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty lampshades. Great work. Please come share at Bacon Time's anything goes linky on Friday if you want another place to share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete